The LVUL Early Childhood Connection’s mission is to provide access to quality child care for the children of Southern Nevada. We connect families to Urban League and other customer-driven community resources that empower them with tools for self-sufficiency.
We offer the following programs and services at our office locations:Child Care Subsidy Program
The Child Care Subsidy Program was developed to help low-income families offset the high cost of child care through a child care voucher system. The program pays a portion of the cost to the provider of the parent’s choice, and households pay a portion of the cost (copay) to their provider, if required.
To be eligible, the parent(s) must have a purpose of care, such as working, and the household must meet the income guidelines for their household size, based on a sliding fee scale.
To determine if your household is eligible for this program, please click on the links below to download the Child Care Application, Service Agreement and Program Penalties forms. Once completed, please submit them to the LVUL Early Childhood Connection office location nearest you for a determination of eligibility.
- Child Care Subsidy Application [pdf]
- Service Agreement [pdf]
- Program Penalty Form [pdf]
- CCDF Plan [pdf]
- Helping families locate child care in their area;
- Helping families understand all of the care options available for their child’s care;
- Helping families enroll a Family, Friend or Neighbor (FFN) provider with the Child Care Subsidy Program;
- Providing information on child care quality, availability and affordability for families and the community at large;
- Provide families with comprehensive referrals to community resources;
- Enrolling licensed providers with the Child Care Subsidy and Resource & Referral programs, so eligible families can have greater access to their services;
- Conducting home visits for FFN providers to: monitor for health and safety standards, provide education materials and other supports;
- Maintaining provider records when changes occur (address, phone, contact person, rates, etc.);
- Keeping providers abreast of licensing changes, state and federal regulations that may impact their business;
- Providing financial and other resources to providers; and
- Helping parents and providers become better advocates for early childhood education and quality care for children;
As of January 1, 2014, the LVUL Early Childhood Connection serves as the Fiscal Agent for Southern Nevada. This service works as an extension to the Child Care Subsidy Program; Fiscal Agent staff issue checks, direct deposits and other payment to child care providers for care provided to subsidized children.
We are in the process of revamping the Early Childhood Connection’s webpages to provide parents, providers and the community at large with more resources and information. We encourage you to check back often for new updates.
Early Childhood Connection
- (702) 473-9400
- 2470 N Decatur Blvd # 150 Las Vegas, NV 89108
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm