The mission of the Las Vegas Urban League is to empower communities and ensure equal opportunity for low income citizens. It establishes programs and support policies that address social and economic issues faced by low income and minority residents of Clark County Nevada, and its outlying areas. It collaborates with community members on strategies and techniques to implement changes that bring about opportunity and enables citizens to secure economic self-reliance.
The Las Vegas Urban League was established in 2003 by local philanthropist Jacqulyn Shropshire. Her vision was to positively impact and ensure equal opportunity for low income people throughout Clark County. In July 2006, the Las Vegas Urban League was designated by the State of Nevada as the Community Action Agency for Clark County.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Tony Gladney, CHAIRMAN
- Tony Bourne, VICE-CHAIRMAN
- James E. Lincoln II, TREASURER
- Dawn Labonte, BOARD SECRETARY
- Tom Skancke
- D. Edward Chaney
LVUL CAA BOARD ROSTER
- Verlia Davis-Hoggard, CHAIRWOMAN
- Gerri Schroder, VICE-CHAIRMAN
- Shani J. Coleman, TREASURER
- Andre R. Franklin, BOARD SECRETARY
- Arnold Bell
- Lawrence Weekly
- Arthur Williams, Esq, BOARD COUNCIL.